Sunday, October 5, 2014

Afternoon

Doesn't matter where I am rain does seem to get me to a low energy point.  Bill, the terrier, and are affecte by the barometer dropping.   As at home, when a storm starts up the seagulls come in.  We have noticed there are not a lot of seagulls in either of the costal towns we have been in Sicily.

After a light dinner we do the walk around , the sitting, at the plaza.  Then we stop for our nightly Lemoncello .   When I write it sounds like we are old but doing the walk, stopping and walking on it feels easy and a nice way to complete a day.   

I also have to say these older italian women out pace and outwalk me at a steady pace.   Sicilians do not make eye contact readily nor do they greet strangers easily but after I see the same ones on our walks I am breaking them down with greetings in Italian and waving to the ladies I see on their balconies in the afternoon.   I don't stare, rude, but glance, greet and smile.  So far no one has slapped   Me or sworn at me so I am good.

Tomorrow we might take a drive.

Grace and Bruce, the fashion plate.

1 comment:

  1. Won't be long until you are on your flight home with wonderful memories and a vacation of a lifetime!!!! What a wonderful time you are having but I am sure your doggies are missing you like crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete