Thursday, October 9, 2014

EARLY Sunday morning

Had to get up by 3 this morning, just two hrs ago, to arrive at Plamero airport.  Had a sm antipasti plate at roof top bar before bed as we wanted to be in bed by 9 and we were.  Then lo and behold we hear someone singing Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone and our room was directly under the piano bar.  Debated whether to call front desk to change rooms but we were all tucked in, bags packed , clothes out and thought her singing might help us sleep.  We dozed off and on until she was done at midnight.   Bruce woke up at 2:45 and 15 extra minutes was not going to do me much good so I also rose and did not shine one bit.

Dressed and in the elevator a full half hr before the shuttle was to arrive.  Good and fortune thing we did get up early as we got stuck in the elevator for the 15 minutes we were early.  Of course, our minds raced with the "what Ifs" but I believed we had gone this far with no major mishaps so it would work out and it did.   The bellman had the right tools, a crow bar and a key, and got us out.  The shuttle was waiting and here we are.  Very small airport and the security people who ck you before you find your gates were not even here yet.   They arrive at 6.   I had to keep going through the medal dectector and finally figured it out that it was the bobby pins in my hair as I put my wig on as there was no time to wash dry my hair.  I'll see what happens with this wig.

Good morning.

Bruce and grace

No comments:

Post a Comment