Thursday, October 9, 2014

Last day

We had a wonderful and sad morning saying goodbye to Cefula and Mirko.  Just as we were putting the last of our things together he came into the room to give us each a hug and another goodbye as he was off to rescue, yet, another guest who got lost.  He gave us a momento of our stay at the B and B a sm ceramic piece with the name of the B and B on it with Cefula in the background.   I asked him to sign it which he did .  Now we have one from Lecce and one from Cefula.  

So off we go to drive to Palermo on a beautiful day.   Before I left our room I went onto the balcony to blow a kiss to the blue Med sea to say averadici, you know what I mean.    Could not get Bruce to blow a kiss but he did go out to say averadici .

Guess What!   We got hopeless lost trying to find Hertz and we are not sure how the hell Bruce found it 
and I am not joking.  Once again, the GPS does not jive with street names and last night Bruce wrote out directions from Google but Google could not find the correct street so Bruce found another map.
Anyway, between the three of them and prayers from me we found it.  Had hertz call a cab which the associate did not seem happy about, got a very nice cab driver and arrived at a very old, well kept
(Sort of how I feel some days) grand hotel.   This place is right out of the 50s movie with Huge lobby
With lots of wood , marble floors and lots of steps.   The hallways are narrow with angles , steps down
And big white doors.   The room is comfortable, small , nice large shower and a view of a very old wall.

We are up at 3 a.m as the transfer shuttle comes at 4.   Another nail in the Avanti travel as they told me it was "impossible" to change.   But this means we should be in Seattle by 4 in the afternoon .   Hello
My puppies.

The five things I love most about Italy:   THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE, the sun/heat,
the food!

Also, this city Palermo, after going out to eat, short walk about, leaves a positive impression.   I also saw one of the very rare brightly handmade , hand painted , horse pulled carts that were once seen overall Sicily.

Prayers for safe trip home and I am going to have printed for Bruce's car a bumper sticker that states
"I survived driving in Italy"

Look forward to home you all of you.

Much love,   Bruce and Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment