Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Trip to my grandparents village

We decided to drive to the village of Cerda on Monday.  An easy drive following Mirkos directions,not the GPS .   As I remember my aunts describing it as a hilly town with very little going on.   I will add to that a seedy , hilly, unfriendly town with very little going on.   I was not surprised but Bruce was as he thought it was going to be one of those pretty hillside villages outside of Lecce we visited.  We took some photos mainly for my Cousin Frankie who plans on going next yr with his four adult children.

Drove around looking for familiar names or places to park and walk around somewhat but the sky opened and it poured we were when city hall and public offices closed until 4 and we were not going to hang around for four hrs.   So off we went for a drive back to Cefula.  The rain continued as it is needed here as it has been without rain for six months.   Driving down the rd there were mini mud slides along the sides of the rd which made the rds very slippery.

Luckily we found a parking space back at the B and B.  Dropped of a bag of potatoe chips I bought at a gas station,  doesn't matter to me what country I am in as potatoe chips are always good, pit stop at the room and off we went to walk down different streets.

Weather was overcast and just ok.  Had late lunch, nothing memorable, got back to the room after being out for five hrs and decided to stay in.  I washed up, pjs on, bought two magazines in English and settled down about 7 knock on the door and it was Mirko will two pieces of pizza for us.  It was very good, not sure if homemade or take out, Bruce returned the plate and was gone awhile which surprised me as he is not always chatty with new people.   When he got back he met a couple who just got in from Aberdeen, Scotland .

We decided to get things together for leaving on Thursday.  Long to short of it I ended up emailing Journey travel in aberdeen five times as two different airports were listed for our departure , different addresses for dropping off the car, it is in the center of Palermo now, voucher was not checked out for being completed by travel agent.   Bruce handled it better than I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment