Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday

The cruise was confirmed cancelled this a.m so had breakfast, short visit with Mirko and back to the room to put dirty clothes together , clean ones together and I am not sure but just in case together.

Then about noon down to town.  Weather looked good so no jackets or umbrella not real sunny but not bad.   Greeted the couple at the cafe we ate at last night and decided to have our evening Lemoncello there this evening.   Half way down to the sea clouds, gray sky and big rain drops.  We  were near Bruce's favorite men's shop and bought an umbrella and a scarf for my head and the owner charged Bruce 5 euros so tomorrow or Tues we buy some cookies as a thank you for him.

Decided we wanted our big lunch overlooking the sea again so headed down to the resturants by the water and choose a different one.   Bruce wanted risotto with fungi, potatoes and something else.  I had pasta made on premises and a side of grilled italian sausage to go with the Marconi , eggplant , tomatoes and basil and it was so damn good.  Bruce likes rice as his family had it a lot and his dish was good but he did not swoon over it as I did mine.   Bruce then wanted dessert and decided on something he had never had pan a cotta with strawberry topping and then it was his turn to swoon.
I had an espresso to give me that pick me up I need. With lunch or dinner I usually have the house red and these wines are wonderful.   Not many times I can say a house white I have in the States is wonderful.   Even Bruce is enjoying the Sicilian red wines.

Began to rain almost back to the room so the scarf and umbrella good bets.  When we returned we greeted by Mirko, his parents and Bill the dog who just makes me laugh and he lets me give him lots of love-loves.

Bruce is once again swooning over food as he bought choc covered orange peels, the sweet with the tart , and he says better than choc covered orange strings as those are way sweeter than these.

Time to relax , take our shoes off until we go out later.

Our coughs have lessened but still here, Bruce's sinus attacks are fewer and our knees, feet and ankles are holding up but is because we go at our own pace.

Five days, Stella, lewis  and Miss Etta until we get home and love on you .

Grace and Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment